In order to graduate, you must comply with all the procedures, requirements and deadlines established for each graduation session. Please also note that you need your supervisor's prior consent to the dissertation title in order to submit your graduation application.
On 8 July 2015, the Faculty Management Committee approved new final examination procedures for Bachelor's degree programmes requiring students to prepare a final paper to be evaluated by a special commission. The final result will later be published on the graduate's personal UNIMIA page.
Bachelor's graduates will be announced on specific dates for each degree programme.
To be admitted to the final exam, students must do the following:
- upload a digital copy of the thesis in PDF/A format by accessing - from UNIMIA -> SIFA Online Services -> Administrative services -> graduation application -> Thesis upload. You cannot apply for graduation without uploading the thesis within the deadline.
- Create a PDF/A file of your thesis starting from a Word or LibreOffice document (follow instructions on the video tutorial).
- Deliver one paper copy of your thesis following the instruction of your course programme (only Master and four-year degree programmes).
To be awarded a bachelor's or master's degree students may sit the final exam on set dates distributed in three sessions and four rounds minimum each year:
- first session: from May to July
- second session: from September to December
- third session: from February to April
Students who graduate by the third session of academic year need not pay the first instalment for next academic year.
To graduate students must:
- Be current with tuition and fees until the last year of enrolment
- Pass all the exams required by your last approved study plan, within the deadlines
- Agree on the thesis title with your supervisor before applying for graduation
- Apply for graduation and pay the graduation fee
- Fill in the upcoming graduate survey
- Comply with programme-specific formalities and deadlines for each session
The graduation application must be submitted online by the deadline set for your session. Do not hand it in to the Student Registrar.
The payment of the € 116.00 graduation fee (including the € 16.00 stamp duty) may be made through Pago PA:
- when submitting the online application, or
- after submitting the graduation application, through the payment service
Upcoming graduate survey
Upcoming graduates are required to fill in the survey within the term set for each session.
You can access the survey only after submitting the graduation application.
Failure to fill in the survey by the deadline will result in exclusion from the graduation session.
Deadlines, procedures and graduation calendars
Deadlines, calendars and procedures are different depending on the degree programme.
Each application is valid for a single exam session.
Students who forfeit an exam must promptly notify the Registrar through the Informastudenti Service. Students must submit another application through the online procedure, indicating the newly chosen exam session.
Once paid, the graduation fee is valid for the new session also. Postponements are not allowed.
- Final exams: July 2022
- Online application for graduation: from 2 to 13 May 2022
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 13 May 2022
- Deadline for completing exams: within 2 July 2022
- Online thesis submission: from 13 to 27 June 2022
- The grade will be published on the student's personal UNIMIA page between 15 and 18 July 2022
- Announcement: 19 and 20 July 2022
- Final exams: October 2022
- Online application for graduation: from 18 to 29 July 2022
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 29 July 2022
- Deadline for completing exams: within 17 September 2022
- Online thesis submission: from 12 to 23 September 2022
- The final grade will be published on the student's personal UNIMIA page from 17 to 18 October 2022
- Announcement: 19-20 October 2022
- Final exams: December 2022
- Online application for graduation: from 10 to 24 October 2022
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 24 October 2022
- Deadline for completing exams: within 5 November 2022
- Online thesis submission: from 7 to 14 November 2022
- The final grade will be published on the student's personal UNIMIA page from 13 to 14 December 2022
- Announcement: 15-16 December 2022
- Final exams: March 2023
- Online application for graduation: from 16 to 31 January 2023
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 31 January 2023
- Deadline for completing exams: within 31 January 2022
- Online thesis submission: from 13 to 28 February 2023
- The grade will be published on the student's personal UNIMIA page from 20 to 21 March 2023
- Announcement: 22-23 March 2023
The extraordinary session is reserved for students with no more than two exams pending at the time of the graduation application.
The degree programmes will set extraordinary exam sessions in May 2023, only students who have submitted their graduation application for the extraordinary graduation session academic year 2021/2022 will be able to access.
- Final exams: from 7 June 2023 to 15 June 2023
- Online application for graduation: from 21 March 2023 to 6 April 2023
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 6 April 2023
- Exam session for students with no more than two exams pending at the time of the graduation application: to be defined
- Deadline for completing exams: to be defined
- Online thesis submission (only on completed exams): from 21 March 2023 al 23 May 2023