Pursuant to Article 2 of Law 264/1999, with a view to ensuring high quality education in the light of available resources, the maximum number of students who can enroll in this programme is set at 125, plus a certain number of spots that are reserved for non-EU candidates residing abroad. The admission test for EU candidates is organized in two sessions: the first session, in Spring 2022, is reserved to students attending their last year of secondary school; the second session, open to all candidates, will take place in Summer 2022.The selection procedure for non-EU candidates residing abroad will take place in Spring 2022, and will be open both to students in their last year of secondary school, and to those who already got their diploma.
The admission test will serve as a basis for both the selection of candidates and the assessment of their skills in the abovementioned two areas (language comprehension, logic and mathematics). In order to be positively assessed in each subject area, candidates must correctly answer at least 50% of the questions. Those candidates who are admitted in the programme despite having correctly replied to a lower percentage of questions in the area of logic and mathematics (jointly considered) will be assigned further training requirements (s.c. OFA, Obblighi Formativi Aggiuntivi). This means that they will have to attend courses/workshops or consult supplementary materials and pass another test within their first year in the programme. If they fail to do so, they will not be allowed to take second- and/or third-year exams. Further information on these OFA are available online on the website of the Faculty of Political, Economic and Social Sciences, area Studying.
To be able to sit the exams included in the degree programme, students must be proficient in English at a B2 level under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). This proficiency level may be certified as follows:
- Through a language certificate, earned within three years prior to the date of submission, at a B2 level or higher. For the list of language certificates recognised by the University, please review: https://www.unimi.it/en/node/297/. The certificate must be uploaded during the enrolment procedure, or subsequently to the portal http://studente.unimi.it/uploadCertificazioniLingue;
- through a secondary school diploma with English as teaching Language. The diploma must be uploaded during the enrolment procedure;
- through a Placement Test, which is delivered by the University Language Centre (SLAM) during year I only, from October to December. Students who fail the test will be required to take a SLAM course.
The Placement Test is mandatory for all students who do not hold a valid certificate, or a secondary school diploma with English as teaching language.
Students who do not sit the Placement Test by December and students, or who fail tho pass the SLAM end-of-course test within six attempts, must obtain a paid certificate to be able to register for and sit any exam included in the degree programme.
Italian language test.
Furthermore, before graduating, students need to possess a minimal competence in the Italian language. To this end, enrolled students meet with the Programme's tutor who determines whether they need to take a placement test aimed at assessing their knowledge of Italian. Students who hold an upper secondary school diploma from an Italian (or Italian taught) course are exempted from the placement test, as are those who hold a language certificate. In case they do not already have those competences, students will be addressed to take the Italian language amongst the choice of 3-credit courses of Additional language skills.
Places available: 125 + 25 reserved for non-EU citizens
Call for applications
Please refer to the call for admission test dates and contents, and how to register.
Application for admission: from 15/03/2022 to 26/05/2022
Application for matriculation: from 17/06/2022 to 23/06/2022
Application for admission: from 04/07/2022 to 05/09/2022
Application for matriculation: from 12/09/2022 to 19/09/2022
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
The University provides:
- A no tax area for students on track with exams and not on track with exams for one year with ISEE certification until 20.000 €.
- Fees exemption on account of merit, income or disability, or if they meet other specific requirements;
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements;
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad;
The University also provides:
- Part-time study
- Financial aid, refectory service, accommodation,
- Awards and scholarships
Admission, ranking and enrolment
- Registrar office - contacts
- Online information desk InformaStudenti (please register for the first access)
- International students: welcome desk
- Students with disabilities
- Students with SLD
Programme tutoring and contacts